With over 15 million users, more than 22 million mobile downloads a month, and a catalog of over 1.5 million mobile ringtones, wallpapers, videos, and games, Myxer is the largest and fastest growing site for advertising-supported and premium mobile content (music and more) in the U.S. Myxer makes the mobile music experience easy and fun – for consumers, artists, and content owners. Myxer has radically simplified mobile so that ANY artist can create, sell or share their mobile content without any expense or technical know-how. With over 100,000 bands and 5 million + unique visitors per month, Myxer’s growing community is a testament to that engaging experience. Plus, we work with all major carriers and over 2200 handsets.
The company is made up of former musiciansand technology gurus. The Myxer team has combined their passion for music and their expertise in Internet technology to provide artists with:
* Free Marketing Tools- Myxer’s ‘get started in mobile’ package leverages the company’s easy-to-use technology and provides artists with a simple way to sell or give away their ringtones. The package includes great online and mobile marketing tools, such as MyxerTags and MyxerCodes.
* MyxerTags are the easiest way for a band to deliver ringtones and other mobile content directly from their own website, MySpace profile or blog. Like a simple widget, bands can simply copy and paste html embed code from Myxer’s website to their site. And since the MyxerTag Widget embed code is displayed on each ringtone page on Myxer, fans can also easily post and share their favorite bands’ ringtones on their own web pages.
* MyxerCodes are short, recognizable text message “key words” that give fans easy access to mobile content and artist information directly from their phones, or from the web. Artists and bands can create personalized MyxerCodes or VanityCodes, so fans and friends can text ‘BandName’ to MYXER or go directly to www.myxer.com/BandName.
* New Audiences -Providing artists with access to a new audience of millions of people looking for free and premium mobile music content.
* New Release Promotion – Delivering a red carpet treatment to artists interested in promoting their new releases -generating as many as 5,000 to 15,000 downloads in only 24 hours. We recently promoted the new release by Thievery Corporation, featured on Myxer’s homepage. Check out: http://demo.myxer.com/post/51722164/thievery.
* Fan Lists – Connecting with fans via a text messaging fan list and delivering instant updates directly to their audience’s phones.
* Social Networking Applications- Newly released customizable storefront widgets for MySpace, Facebook and websites help artists easily get their mobile content in front of their fans.
Myxer has been receiving industry accolades and recognition for their Mobile Music Toolkit for artists, as well as their innovative technology and business success. They were just chosen by the Independent Music Awards to partner with them on the creation of a brand new ringtone category. They won for Best Mobile Toolkit at the Mobile Entertainment Forum and they’ve been selected to speak on panels at industry events like the Billboard, MMA and MEF conferences.
Leading brands are utilizing the Myxer mobile platform for integrated web and mobile web campaigns, including McDonald’s, CW Network, 20th Century Fox, Universal Pictures, and adidas to name a few. You can see some of their current and past brand partners at http://demo.myxer.com/. Record Labels and artists can also leverage Myxer’s platform and audience with features on the home page, across the site and marketingmessages embedded in SMS and WAP pages.
Myxer’s music partnerships include a distribution agreement with The Orchard, a global leader in digital music and entertainment, and IRIS Distribution, a leading independent music digital distribution and marketing company. Through The Orchard partnership Myxer has added over 1 million new ringtones to their unprecedented mobile content library. Myxer is converting tracks from The Orchard’s huge catalog that never existed as ringtones before via an automated process. These newly converted ringtones feature artists from around the world, spanning every genre and era.
Additional distribution agreements include relationships with many established Indie Labels, including Red Eye Distribution (www.redeyeusa.com), a leading Indie distributor, and Century Media (www.centurymedia.com/us), the leading Hardcore, Hard Rock, Metal label.